Portuguese Chouriço Bread Recipe
Posted in: Breads / Rolls
Nov 9, 2015
3 out of 5 with 30 ratings
2 and 1/2 cups of flour5 teaspoons of dry yeast1 tablespoon of olive oil2 chouriço sausage links cut into slices and casing removed8 tablespoons of warm water1 teaspoon of salt1 tablespoon of flour to dust Get these ingredients & more
- Dissolve the yeast in 4 tablespoons of warm water. Add about 1/2 tablespoon of flour and mix well. Set aside.
- In a big bowl, mix the flour, olive oil, salt, and the yeast mixture. Add some more warm water a bit at a time until you have a smooth dough that doesn’t stick to your hands. Let rise for 30 minutes.
- Divide into 8 portions. Using a rolling pin roll out the dough pieces into rectangles.
- Layer the sliced chouriço on the dough, roll the dough up, and pinch the seams to close.
- With a knife make 4 horizontal cuts to the top of the dough pieces.
- Set the pieces aside on a greased baking sheet and let them rise for about another 30 minutes.
- Dust the tops of the dough pieces with the tablespoon of flour.
- Bake in a preheated oven at 375 degrees fahrenheit for about 25-30 minutes until the bread is done.
- Take out of the oven and let them cool for 5 to 10 minutes. Serve while hot.