Portuguese Chouriço Buns Recipe
Posted in: Bread RecipesMon, Nov 9, 2015
4 out of 5 with 94 ratings
- Dissolve the yeast in 4 tablespoons of warm water. Add about 1/2 tablespoon of flour and mix well. Set aside.
- In a big bowl, mix the flour, olive oil, salt, and the yeast mixture. Add some more warm water a bit at a time until you have a smooth dough that doesn’t stick to your hands. Let rise for 30 minutes.
- Divide into 8 portions. Using a rolling pin roll out the dough pieces into rectangles.
- Layer the sliced chouriço on the dough, roll the dough up, and pinch the seams to close.
- With a knife make 4 horizontal cuts to the top of the dough pieces.
- Set the pieces aside on a greased baking sheet and let them rise for about another 30 minutes.
- Dust the tops of the dough pieces with the tablespoon of flour.
- Bake in a preheated oven at 375 degrees fahrenheit for about 25-30 minutes until the bread is done.
- Take out of the oven and let them cool for 5 to 10 minutes. Serve while hot.