These heavenly Portuguese lemon donuts (rosquinhas fritas de limão) are very easy to make and taste incredible, these are best enjoyed while fresh.
|Preparation time||1 h|
|Cooking Time||20 min|
|Ready In||1 h 20 min|
|Level of Difficulty||Easy|
2 medium sized eggs1/2 cup of granulated sugar3/4 cup of mascarpone cream cheeseJuice and zest of 1 lemon1 teaspoon of baking powder2 and 1/3 cups of flourOil for fryingGranulated sugar for sprinkling Get Portuguese ingredients
- In a bowl, beat the eggs and sugar, add the mascarpone cheese, mix well and add the juice and lemon zest.
- Slowly incorporate the flour and baking powder and knead so everything is well incorporated.
- Let the dough stand covered with a cloth for half an hour at room temperature.
- Heat the oil, put the dough on a pastry board and separate the dough into pieces of about 1 ounce each, make rolls with your hands lightly floured, cross them at the ends and continue until the dough is finished.
- Fry in hot oil, once they are golden brown, drain them in kitchen paper.
- Sprinkle with granulated sugar while they are still warm.
I have a problem with the cream,it's not easily available or maybe the name given; is unfamiliar. Please elaborate or give an option to it?
5 months ago, Friday, March 31, 2023