Portuguese Lemon Fried Donuts Recipe
- In a bowl, beat the eggs and sugar, add the mascarpone cheese, mix well and add the juice and lemon zest.
- Knead again, slowly incorporate the flour and baking powder and knead some more so everything is well incorporated.
- Let the dough stand covered with a cloth for half an hour at room temperature.
- Heat the oil, put the dough on a pastry board and separate the dough into pieces of about 1 ounce each, make rolls with your hands lightly floured, cross them at the ends and continue until the dough is finished.
- Fry in hot oil, once they are golden brown, drain them in kitchen paper.
- Sprinkle with granulated sugar while they are still warm.
You Might Also Like These