Portuguese Lemon Fried Donuts Recipe
Posted in: Snack RecipesSun, Dec 9, 2018
4 out of 5 with 29 ratings
2 medium sized eggs1/2 cup of granulated sugar3/4 cup of mascarpone cream cheeseJuice and zest of 1 lemon1 teaspoon of baking powder2 and 1/3 cups of flourOil for fryingGranulated sugar for sprinkling * Get Portuguese ingredients & stuff
- In a bowl, beat the eggs and sugar, add the mascarpone cheese, mix well and add the juice and lemon zest.
- Slowly incorporate the flour and baking powder and knead so everything is well incorporated.
- Let the dough stand covered with a cloth for half an hour at room temperature.
- Heat the oil, put the dough on a pastry board and separate the dough into pieces of about 1 ounce each, make rolls with your hands lightly floured, cross them at the ends and continue until the dough is finished.
- Fry in hot oil, once they are golden brown, drain them in kitchen paper.
- Sprinkle with granulated sugar while they are still warm.
Like this Recipe? Leave a comment!
Paulo - 2 Months ago
I’m confused first set directions is to beat the wet ingredients in a bowl. Then it says KNEAD AGAIN ??? Then slowely add flower and keep kneading until it’s fully incorporated ?? Sounds like it show say BEAT again and not KNEAD ?