4 out of 5 with 8 ratings
comments: 0 - views: 19467
This Portuguese creamy cod casserole recipe (receita de bacalhau cremoso) makes a great delicious Christmas meal for the family.
|Preparation time||15 min|
|Cooking Time||50 min|
|Ready In||1 h 5 min|
|Level of Difficulty||Easy|
2 lbs of potatoes1 lb of soaked cod1 lb of cabbage1 grated carrot1/2 cup of olive oil2 onions, sliced2 cloves of garlic, minced1 tablespoon of margarine1 tablespoon of flour1 cup of cream1 eggSalt (to taste)Pepper (to taste)Nutmeg (to taste)Lemon juice (to taste)Grated cheese (to taste)3 boiled eggs, slicedChopped coriander (to taste) Get Portuguese ingredients
- Wash the potatoes and cooked them with skin.
- Once cooked, drain them, let them cool down a bit, remove the skin, cut them into slices, and set them aside.
- Cook the cod with water.
- Once cooked, drain the cod (save the water), let it cool a little, remove the bones and skin, break it into small pieces with your hands, and set it aside.
- Wash the cabbage, cut it into thin strips and boiled it in a saucepan with salt water for about 5 minutes.
- Heat a pot with the olive oil and saute the onion and garlic.
- Add the cod, potatoes, drained cabbage, and grated carrots to the pot and mix everything.
- Make a homemade béchamel, in a bowl add the melted margarine, the flour and a cup of the water from cooking the cod.
- Next add the egg and the cream, season with salt, pepper and nutmeg, add a little lemon juice abd mix it well.
- In a pyrex dish, first add the cod mixture, than the sliced boiled eggs on top and drizzle with the béchamel sauce.
- Sprinkle with grated cheese and bake it in a preheated at 200ºC or 390ºF until golden bown and the cheese has melted.
- Sprinkle with chopped coriander and serve.
Recipe & Photo Credit: receitasdeportugal.com
There are no comments for this recipe.