Portuguese Creamy Cod Casserole Recipe
- Wash the potatoes and cooked them with skin.
- Once cooked, drain them, let them cool down a bit, remove the skin, cut them into slices, and set them aside.
- Cook the cod with water.
- Once cooked, drain the cod (save the water), let it cool a little, remove the bones and skin, break it into small pieces with your hands, and set it aside.
- Wash the cabbage, cut it into thin strips and boiled it in a saucepan with salt water for about 5 minutes.
- Heat a pot with the olive oil and saute the onion and garlic.
- Add the cod, potatoes, drained cabbage, and grated carrots to the pot and mix everything.
- Make a homemade béchamel, in a bowl add the melted margarine, the flour and a cup of the water from cooking the cod.
- Next add the egg and the cream, season with salt, pepper and nutmeg, add a little lemon juice abd mix it well.
- In a pyrex dish, first add the cod mixture, than the sliced boiled eggs on top and drizzle with the béchamel sauce.
- Sprinkle with grated cheese and bake it in a preheated at 200ºC or 390ºF until golden bown and the cheese has melted.
- Sprinkle with chopped coriander and serve.
You Might Also Like These