This classic and delicious Portuguese sweet egg noodle Christmas dessert (aletria) is served at Christmas and other festive occasions.
7 cups of whole milk6 egg yolks1 + 1/2 cups of sugar1 tsp of salt1 cinnamon stick2 pieces of lemon peel1 12 oz package of very fine egg noodlesGet Portuguese ingredients & stuff
- Pour milk, sugar, salt and cinnamon stick into a large pan and bring it to a boil, stirring constantly.
- Meanwhile, beat the egg yolks in a small bowl, slowly blend some heated milk into the eggs, stir and set aside.
- Break up the noodles and add them to the boiling milk.
- Stir constantly until the noodles are cooked and remove from the heat.
- Slowly add egg mixture into the cooked noodles and stir to incorporate.
- Turn off the heat (don't let the noodles boil) and remove from the heat.
- Remove the lemon peel and cinnamon stick.
- Pour the mixture into a large serving platter with at least 1 inch depth and sprinkle with cinnamon.
- Let it cool and store covered in the refrigerator until it's served.
Like this Recipe? Leave a comment!
Thank you for helping me what's a recipe me and my sister made it it came out great Merry Christmas to you and your family
7 months ago, Sunday, December 26, 2021
This is my first try at making Portuguese noodle pudding. I tried it years ago when a coworker brought it in…so good!! Turned out great even though I added the yolks into the milk right off the bat. I managed to fish out 5 out of the 6 and still turned out great!!
9 months ago, Sunday, October 17, 2021