This classic and delicious Portuguese sweet egg noodle Christmas dessert (aletria) is served at Christmas and other festive occasions.
|Preparation time||15 min|
|Cooking Time||40 min|
|Ready In||55 min|
|Level of Difficulty||Easy|
7 cups of whole milk6 egg yolks1 + 1/2 cups of sugar1 tsp of salt1 cinnamon stick2 pieces of lemon peel1 12 oz package of very fine egg noodles Get Portuguese ingredients
- Pour milk, sugar, salt and cinnamon stick into a large pan and bring it to a boil, stirring constantly.
- Meanwhile, beat the egg yolks in a small bowl, slowly blend some heated milk into the eggs, stir and set aside.
- Break up the noodles and add them to the boiling milk.
- Stir constantly until the noodles are cooked and remove from the heat.
- Slowly add egg mixture into the cooked noodles and stir to incorporate.
- Turn off the heat (don't let the noodles boil) and remove from the heat.
- Remove the lemon peel and cinnamon stick.
- Pour the mixture into a large serving platter with at least 1 inch depth and sprinkle with cinnamon.
- Let it cool and store covered in the refrigerator until it's served.
Thank you for helping me what's a recipe me and my sister made it it came out great Merry Christmas to you and your family
1 year ago, Sunday, December 26, 2021
This is my first try at making Portuguese noodle pudding. I tried it years ago when a coworker brought it in…so good!! Turned out great even though I added the yolks into the milk right off the bat. I managed to fish out 5 out of the 6 and still turned out great!!
2 years ago, Sunday, October 17, 2021
You might also like:
Over the years, the Azoreans have developed a cultivation technique that is 100% free of chemical products. The result is considered to be one of the best pineapples in the world.
Lisbon is one of Europes most historic and up and coming cities, and with new chefs, both local and international, making waves in modern Portuguese cuisine, here ere are some suggestions for restaurants to try...
Trying the local and most authentic foods when you travel should always be a top priority! It's one of the best ways to experience local culture. Today, I got to try the very best local cuisine Madeira has to offer.