Portuguese Sweet Egg Noodle Christmas Dessert Recipe
- Pour milk, sugar, salt and cinnamon stick into a large pan and bring it to a boil, stirring constantly.
- Meanwhile, beat the egg yolks in a small bowl, slowly blend some heated milk into the eggs, stir and set aside.
- Break up the noodles and add them to the boiling milk.
- Stir constantly until the noodles are cooked and remove from the heat.
- Slowly add egg mixture into the cooked noodles and stir to incorporate.
- Turn off the heat (don't let the noodles boil) and remove from the heat.
- Remove the lemon peel and cinnamon stick.
- Pour the mixture into a large serving platter with at least 1 inch depth and sprinkle with cinnamon.
- Let it cool and store covered in the refrigerator until it's served.
You Might Also Like These