Portuguese Sweet Egg Noodle Christmas Dessert Recipe
Posted in: Desserts
Dec 23, 2018
5 out of 5 with 1 ratings
7 cups of whole milk6 egg yolks1 + 1/2 cups of sugar1 tsp of salt1 cinnamon stick2 pieces of lemon peel1 12 oz package of very fine egg noodles Get these ingredients & more
- Pour milk, sugar, salt and cinnamon stick into a large pan and bring it to a boil, stirring constantly.
- Meanwhile, beat the egg yolks in a small bowl, slowly blend some heated milk into the eggs, stir and set aside.
- Break up the noodles and add them to the boiling milk.
- Stir constantly until the noodles are cooked and remove from the heat.
- Slowly add egg mixture into the cooked noodles and stir to incorporate.
- Turn off the heat (don't let the noodles boil) and remove from the heat.
- Remove the lemon peel and cinnamon stick.
- Pour the mixture into a large serving platter with at least 1 inch depth and sprinkle with cinnamon.
- Let it cool and store covered in the refrigerator until it's served.
You Might Also Like These