Portuguese Roasted Pork Loin with Bacon Recipe
Posted in: Pork
Dec 30, 2018
5 out of 5 with 8 ratings
1 pork loin, about 1 lb 10 slices of bacon2 onions6 cloves of garlic1 carrotPepper (to taste)Salt (to taste)Olive oil (to taste)Rosemary (to taste)
Get Portuguese groceries & other stuff
This site uses US measurements.
- Preheated oven to 190ºC or 375ºF.
- Cut the carrot and onion into slices and place it in the bottom of a baking pan.
- Season the pork loin with pepper, salt, rosemary and the crushed garlic.
- Put the pork loin over the onions and carrots and sprinkle generously with olive oil.
- Now wrap the pork loin with the bacon slices (use toothpicks if you have to, to keep the bacon in place) and season the bacon with pepper.
- Let it cook in the oven for about 50 minutes, if the bacon starts to toast, cover the pork loin with a sheet of aluminum foil.
- Once cooked, remove it from the oven and let rest about 15 minutes before serving.