Portuguese Grilled Butter & Garlic Shrimp Recipe
Posted in: SeafoodTue, Jan 8, 2019
4 out of 5 with 9 ratings
Views: 31633 - Comments 1
2 lbs of slightly thawed shrimp1/3 cup of butter2 cloves of garlic, mincedJuice of 1 small lemon3 tablespoons of chopped parsleyPiri-piri or tabasco sauce (to taste)Salt (to taste) Get Portuguese ingredients
- Cut the shrimp in half (from head to tail), without separating completely.
- Open them and remove the guts.
- Put them on a platter with the shell facing down.
- Season the shrimp with salt and half the lemon juice.
- Marinate for 15 minutes in the refrigerator.
- Heat the butter and garlic.
- Let it warm well without browning.
- Add the parsley, the piri-piri or tabasco sauce and the remaining lemon juice.
- Stir and when it starts to boil, remove from the heat.
- Blend this mixture well with a hand blender and put aside.
- On a hot grill, place the shrimp with the shell down and let it cook for 4 minutes.
- After that time, turn and grill for another 2 minutes.
- Once the shrimp is grilled, remove them to a platter and place them with the shell facing down.
- Drizzle them with the butter sauce you prepared and garnish with lemon wedges.
Recipe & Photo Credit: Neuza Costa, saborintenso.com
Kathleen Bart - 1 Year ago
Can't wait to try this
[reply] (+0) (-0)