This amazing Portuguese grilled butter and garlic shrimp recipe (receita de camarão grelhado com manteiga e alho) is perfect for any time of year.
|Preparation time||20 min|
|Cooking Time||15 min|
|Ready In||35 min|
|Level of Difficulty||Easy|
2 lbs of slightly thawed shrimp1/3 cup of butter2 cloves of garlic, mincedJuice of 1 small lemon3 tablespoons of chopped parsleyPiri-piri or tabasco sauce (to taste)Salt (to taste) Get Portuguese ingredients
- Cut the shrimp in half (from head to tail), without separating completely.
- Open them and remove the guts.
- Put them on a platter with the shell facing down.
- Season the shrimp with salt and half the lemon juice.
- Marinate for 15 minutes in the refrigerator.
- Heat the butter and garlic.
- Let it warm well without browning.
- Add the parsley, the piri-piri or tabasco sauce and the remaining lemon juice.
- Stir and when it starts to boil, remove from the heat.
- Blend this mixture well with a hand blender and put aside.
- On a hot grill, place the shrimp with the shell down and let it cook for 4 minutes.
- After that time, turn and grill for another 2 minutes.
- Once the shrimp is grilled, remove them to a platter and place them with the shell facing down.
- Drizzle them with the butter sauce you prepared and garnish with lemon wedges.
Can't wait to try this
1 year ago, Monday, July 4, 2022
You might also like:
Watch this video to find out which are the best seafood restaurants in Lisbon.
Watch Nancy step by step as she shows you how to make carne de porco à Alentejana (Portuguese pork and clams).
Whether you are looking for the best places to visit in Portugal, searching for the best things to do in Portugal right now, or adding to your Portugal bucket list for your future trip, we've got you covered on this...
How to make Portuguese coconut biscoitos, a traditional Portuguese biscuits made with coconut. These delicious treats are popular in Portugal and among Portuguese communities around the world.
Porto, like the rest of Portugal, is a seafood paradise. No matter the season, there’s always a good reason to head out in search of delectable shellfish or perfectly grilled finfish (sardines, anyone?), and if you...
Here are 25 highly-rated restaurants in São Miguel, Azores, Portugal, based on online ratings and reviews.