This Portuguese farm style ribs recipe (receita de entrecosto camponês) is delicious and great comfort food.
Olive oil (to taste)1 large onion3 cloves of garlic2 strips of red pepper1 bay leaf2 ripe tomatoes1 teaspoon of paprikaPiri-piri sause (to taste)Salt (to taste)1 glass of white wine2 carrots, sliced2 lbs of pork spare ribs, cut into pieces15 thin slices of chouriçoWater (to taste)1 lb of chickpeas4 medium potatoes, cut into cubesGet Portuguese ingredients & stuff
- In a pot, place the olive oil, onion and chopped garlic, the chopped parsley and the bay leaf and cook until the onion begins to look slightly translucent.
- Add the already peeled and chopped tomatoes and stir occasionally until the tomatoes are sauted.
- Add the ribs, the chouriço, the piri-piri sauce, the paprika, salt, white wine, carrots and a little water and let it cook for a while (if it starts getting dry, add more water).
- When the meat is almost cooked, add the potatoes and more water if necessary.
- Let everything cook for another 10 minutes and finally add the chickpeas.
- Let it finish cooking and serve immediately.
Like this Recipe? Leave a comment!
There are no comments for this recipe.