This Portuguese farm style ribs recipe (receita de entrecosto camponês) is delicious and great comfort food.
|Preparation time||10 min|
|Cooking Time||45 min|
|Ready In||55 min|
|Level of Difficulty||Easy|
Olive oil (to taste)1 large onion3 cloves of garlic2 strips of red pepper1 bay leaf2 ripe tomatoes1 teaspoon of paprikaPiri-piri sause (to taste)Salt (to taste)1 cup of white wine (240 ml)2 carrots, sliced2 lbs of pork spare ribs, cut into pieces15 thin slices of chouriçoWater (to taste)1 lb of chickpeas4 medium potatoes, cut into cubesParsley (to taste) Get Portuguese ingredients
- In a pot, place the olive oil, onion and chopped garlic, the chopped parsley and the bay leaf and cook until the onion begins to look slightly translucent.
- Add the already peeled and chopped tomatoes and stir occasionally until the tomatoes are sautéed.
- Add the ribs, the chouriço, the piri piri sauce, the paprika, salt, white wine, carrots, chickpeas and a little water and let it cook for a while (if it starts getting dry, add more water).
- When the meat is almost cooked, add the potatoes and more water if necessary.
- Let everything cook for another 10 minutes and finally add the chickpeas.
- Let it finish cooking and serve immediately.
There are no comments for this recipe.
You might also like:
Portugal is an important tourist destination in Europe and the world. Visiting this beautiful country is to discover a remarkably diverse destination. Let's take a look at the best 10 places to visit in Portugal.
Portuguese sawdust pudding (serradura), is a famous Portuguese dessert made with layered combination of whipped cream and crumbled Marie biscuits
Check out our video and find out why decided to retire in Portugal instead of Spain or the United States.