Portuguese Style Seafood Paella Recipe
Posted in: Fish / Seafood
Jan 21, 2019
4 out of 5 with 4 ratings
1/3 cup of olive oil1 onion, chopped2 garlic cloves, chopped2 cups of white rice1⁄2 red bell pepper, seeded and chopped1⁄2 green bell pepper, seeded and chopped1 pinch of saffron1/2 cup of white wine1 and 1/2 cups of fish broth or water1 tbsp of salt1/2 lb of firm white fish fillets, cut into cubes1/2 lb of seafood mix (shrimp, mussels or any other seafood)1 teaspoon of lemon juice1/2 cup of piri piri sauce or to tasteFresh coriander leaves and lemom wedges, to garnish
- In a deep heavy-based frying pan, heat half of the olive oil and add the chopped onion, garlic, bell peppers and saffron.
- Fry until onions are translucent, add the rice and salt and fry for 5 minutes stirring occasionally.
- Add wine, broth or water and allow rice to simmer for 10-12 minutes.
- While the rice is cooking prepare the fish and seafood.
- In a large skillet heat the rest of the olive oil and grill the white fish for about 3 minutes.
- Add the shrimp and the other seafood and fry for 3 to 5 minutes or until the shrimp changes color.
- Add the piri piri sauce and lemon juice and cook for another 2 minutes.
- Add the fish and seafood to the rice and gently toss to mix through.
- Garnish with coriander and lemon wedges and serve.
You Might Also Like These