This Portuguese banana dreams recipe (receita de sonhos de banana) makes an amazing and decadent dessert or snack.
|Preparation time||15 min|
|Cooking Time||15 min|
|Ready In||30 min|
|Level of Difficulty||Very Easy|
4 bananas, peeled2 tablespoons of sugar1 and 1/2 cups of flour1/2 cup of milk1 eggCinnamon & sugar (to taste), to dustOil (for frying) Get Portuguese ingredients
- Mash the bananas with a fork and mix with the 2 tablespoons of sugar and the 1 and 1/2 cups of flour.
- Whisk together the milk and the egg, then stir in the banana mixture to form a batter and set aside.
- Mix together the cinnamon and sugar to taste in a separate bowl and set aside.
- Heat the oil in a deep fryer or saucepan to about 180°C or 350°F (If you use a saucepan, leave on low heat once it reaches the recommended temperature).
- Pour 1 and 1/2 tablespoons at a time into the hot oil and fry for about 4 and a half minutes, turning them over while cooking, until they are golden brown.
- Drain the sonhos on paper towels and serve dusted with the cinnamon and sugar to taste.
There are no comments for this recipe.
You might also like:
If you are travelling to Madeira Island, you have to watch this amazing Madeira food tour.
On this video, Nancy from DIYwithnancyg, shows you step by step, how to make the popular Portuguese sponge cake (pão de ló ).
Everyone knows that sometimes removing the peel from roasted chestnuts can be complicated, here's simple tip to help you make it easier.