Portuguese Banana Dreams Recipe
Posted in: Snacks
Jan 23, 2019
5 out of 5 with 1 ratings
4 bananas, peeled2 tablespoons of sugar1 and 1/2 cups of flour1/2 cup of milk1 eggCinnamon & sugar (to taste), to dustOil (for frying)
- Mash the bananas with a fork and mix with the 2 tablespoons of sugar and the 1 and 1/2 cups of flour.
- Whisk together the milk and the egg, then stir in the banana mixture to form a batter and set aside.
- Mix together the cinnamon and sugar to taste in a separate bowl and set aside.
- Heat the oil in a deep fryer or saucepan to about 180°C or 350°F (If you use a saucepan, leave on low heat once it reaches the recommended temperature).
- Pour 1 and 1/2 tablespoons at a time into the hot oil and fry for about 4 and a half minutes, turning them over while cooking, until they are golden brown.
- Drain the sonhos on paper towels and serve dusted with the cinnamon and sugar to taste.