This delicious Portuguese chicken steaks with mushrooms recipe (receita de bifes de frango com cogumelos) is very easy to prepare.
|Preparation time||10 min|
|Cooking Time||35 min|
|Ready In||45 min|
|Level of Difficulty||Very Easy|
4 chicken breast steaks1 lb of fresh mushrooms1 onion1 garlic clove5 tablespoons of olive oil1/2 glass of port wine1 cup of heavy creamFlour (to taste)Parsley (to taste)Salt (to taste)Pepper (to taste) Get Portuguese ingredients
- Begin by cleaning the mushrooms and cutting them into slices.
- Add the flour to a plate and pass the chicken steaks through the flour one at a time, making sure they are well coated.
- Then, chop the onion and the garlic and saute them in a pan with the olive oil.
- Add the chicken breasts and let them brown on both sides.
- Add the mushrooms, season with salt and pepper, add the port wine and when it evaporates add 1/2 cup of the cream.
- Let it cook for a few more minutes, gradually incorporating the rest of the cream and stirring occasionally.
- Remove from the heat and sprinkle with chopped parsley.
- Place everything on a platter, drizzle with the remainding sauce and serve.
There are no comments for this recipe.
You might also like:
Every year in July the city of Águeda bursts with colour and cheerfulness.
On June 10th, Portugal commemorates the death of Luís de Camões in 1580. Camões wrote the Lusiads, Portugal's national epic celebrating the country's achievements.
Gordon Ramsay, one of the world's most celebrated chefs, invites you to learn his tricks with Cook with me.