Portuguese Chicken Steaks with Mushrooms Recipe
Posted in: Chicken RecipesSat, Jan 26, 2019
4 out of 5 with 23 ratings
4 chicken breast steaks1 lb of fresh mushrooms1 onion1 garlic clove5 tablespoons of olive oil1/2 glass of port wine1 cup of heavy creamFlour (to taste)Parsley (to taste)Salt (to taste)Pepper (to taste) * Get Portuguese ingredients & stuff
- Begin by cleaning the mushrooms and cutting them into slices.
- Add the flour to a plate and pass the chicken steaks through the flour one at a time, making sure they are well coated.
- Then, chop the onion and the garlic and saute them in a pan with the olive oil.
- Add the chicken breasts and let them brown on both sides.
- Add the mushrooms, season with salt and pepper, add the port wine and when it evaporates add 1/2 cup of the cream.
- Let it cook for a few more minutes, gradually incorporating the rest of the cream and stirring occasionally.
- Remove from the heat and sprinkle with chopped parsley.
- Place everything on a platter, drizzle with the remainding sauce and serve.
Like this Recipe? Leave a comment!