This delicious Portuguese sweet potato soup (sopa de batata doce) is very healthy and very tasty.
1 large onion2 to 3 slices of pumpkin (with skin)1 tablespoon of lard or vegetable shortening1 tablespoon of olive oil1 lb of dried red beans or canned3 cloves of garlic5 medium sweet potatoes2 litres of water2 tablespoons of vinegarSalt (to taste)Pepper (to taste)Get Portuguese ingredients & stuff
- Soak the beans for 12 hours in water with the vinegar.
- Place the beans in a pan together with the chopped onion, crushed garlic, water and lard/vegetable shortening and cook until tender.
- Add the olive oil, slices of pumpkin and chopped sweet potatoes and continue to simmer until vegetables are tender.
- Remove the pumpkin, peel it, chop it and add it back to the soup.
- Puree everything using a kitchen hand blender and season with salt and pepper to taste.
Like this Recipe? Leave a comment!
There are no comments for this recipe.