This delicious Portuguese sweet potato soup (sopa de batata doce) is very healthy and very tasty.
|Preparation time||15 min|
|Cooking Time||50 min|
|Ready In||1 h 5 min|
|Level of Difficulty||Easy|
1 large onion2 to 3 slices of pumpkin (with skin)1 tablespoon of lard or vegetable shortening1 tablespoon of olive oil1 lb of dried red beans or canned3 cloves of garlic5 medium sweet potatoes2 litres of water2 tablespoons of vinegarSalt (to taste)Pepper (to taste) Get Portuguese ingredients
- Soak the beans for 12 hours in water with the vinegar.
- Place the beans in a pan together with the chopped onion, crushed garlic, water and lard/vegetable shortening and cook until tender.
- Add the olive oil, slices of pumpkin and chopped sweet potatoes and continue to simmer until vegetables are tender.
- Remove the pumpkin, peel it, chop it and add it back to the soup.
- Puree everything using a kitchen hand blender and season with salt and pepper to taste.
There are no comments for this recipe.
You might also like:
Watch this amazing video of flying into Europe's most dangerous airport in Madeira and meet co pilot and first officer Patricia.
A couple who have travelled all over the world, decided to settle in Portugal. They purchased a farm, renovated it and now are moving in.
Angela Castro - The Olive Branch shows you how to make Portuguese coscorões on this step by step video.