Portuguese Sweet Potato Soup Recipe
SHARE THIS RECIPE
Posted in: Soups / Stews
Jan 27, 2019
5 out of 5 with 1 ratings
1 large onion2 to 3 slices of pumpkin (with skin)1 tablespoon of lard or vegetable shortening1 tablespoon of olive oil1 lb of dried red beans or canned3 cloves of garlic5 medium sweet potatoes2 litres of water2 tablespoons of vinegarSalt (to taste)Pepper (to taste)
- Soak the beans for 12 hours in water with the vinegar.
- Place the beans in a pan together with the chopped onion, crushed garlic, water and lard/vegetable shortening and cook until tender.
- Add the olive oil, slices of pumpkin and chopped sweet potatoes and continue to simmer until vegetables are tender.
- Remove the pumpkin, peel it, chop it and add it back to the soup.
- Puree everything using a kitchen hand blender and season with salt and pepper to taste.
Join our "New" monthly Newsletter, Click Here!
You Might Also Like These