Portuguese Sweet Potato Soup Recipe
- Soak the beans for 12 hours in water with the vinegar.
- Place the beans in a pan together with the chopped onion, crushed garlic, water and lard/vegetable shortening and cook until tender.
- Add the olive oil, slices of pumpkin and chopped sweet potatoes and continue to simmer until vegetables are tender.
- Remove the pumpkin, peel it, chop it and add it back to the soup.
- Puree everything using a kitchen hand blender and season with salt and pepper to taste.
You Might Also Like These