Portuguese Chicken with Mushrooms & Port Wine Recipe
- Put the rice in salt water in a saucepan and let it boil over high heat.
- Than reduce the heat to medium-low, cover and cook until the rice is cooked, from 20 to 25 minutes and set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine the flour with some salt, black pepper and oregano (to taste).
- Add the chicken steaks to the flour mixture and move them around so they are covered with the mixture and remove any excess flour.
- Heat the oil and 1 tablespoon of butter in a large skillet over medium-high heat.
- Add the chicken and cook until the chicken is well cooked inside and golden on the outside, 5 to 8 minutes on each side.
- Drain the chicken in a dish lined with absorbent paper.
- Melt 1 tablespoon of butter in the same skillet over medium heat, add the garlic let it brown slightly, than add the mushrooms, and cook for about 10 minutes.
- Season with salt and black pepper, then add the Port wine and chicken broth.
- Transfer the chicken steaks to a pan and pour the sauce with the mushrooms over it.
- Increase the heat to medium-high and bring to a boil.
- Cover, reduce the heat to medium-low and cook until the sauce thickens, about 5 minutes.
- Serve the steaks over boiled rice sprinkled with chopped parsley.
You Might Also Like These