Portuguese Chicken with Mushrooms & Port Wine Recipe
Posted in: Poultry
Feb 3, 2019
3 out of 5 with 5 ratings
1 cup of white rice2 cups of water1 cup of flourSalt (to taste)Ground black pepper (to taste)Oregano (to taste)1 lb of chicken breast, cut into steaks1 tablespoon of olive oil2 tablespoons of butter1 clove of garlic, minced1 cup of fresh cut mushroomsSalt and black pepper (to taste)1/2 cup of Port wine1/2 cup of chicken broth
- Put the rice in salt water in a saucepan and let it boil over high heat.
- Than reduce the heat to medium-low, cover and cook until the rice is cooked, from 20 to 25 minutes and set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine the flour with some salt, black pepper and oregano (to taste).
- Add the chicken steaks to the flour mixture and move them around so they are covered with the mixture and remove any excess flour.
- Heat the oil and 1 tablespoon of butter in a large skillet over medium-high heat.
- Add the chicken and cook until the chicken is well cooked inside and golden on the outside, 5 to 8 minutes on each side.
- Drain the chicken in a dish lined with absorbent paper.
- Melt 1 tablespoon of butter in the same skillet over medium heat, add the garlic let it brown slightly, than add the mushrooms, and cook for about 10 minutes.
- Season with salt and black pepper, then add the Port wine and chicken broth.
- Transfer the chicken steaks to a pan and pour the sauce with the mushrooms over it.
- Increase the heat to medium-high and bring to a boil.
- Cover, reduce the heat to medium-low and cook until the sauce thickens, about 5 minutes.
- Serve the steaks over boiled rice sprinkled with chopped parsley.
You Might Also Like These