This easy to make Portuguese pork with chickpeas Soup Recipe (carne de porco com grão de bico) is super delicious.
|Ready In||1 h|
|Level of Difficulty||Easy|
1 and 3/4 lbs of pork loin1 onion, chopped2 garlic cloves, mincedOlive oil (to taste)1 bay leaf1 chili pepper2 peeled and seedless tomatoes, chopped1 teaspoon of paprikaSalt (to taste)1/2 glass of white wine5 glasses of water1 large carrot, sliced1 small white cabbage1/4 lb of spinach1 can of chickpeas Get Portuguese ingredients
- Cut the pork loin into cubes.
- In a pan with some olive oil over medium heat, add the onion, the garlic, the bay leaf and the chili pepper.
- Once the onion is translucent, add the meat and let it cook a little.
- Then season with the salt and add the paprika, the tomato and mix well.
- Next add the wine and let it evapurate a little, then add the water and let it cook a little.
- When the meat is almost cooked, add the carrot and the chopped cabbage and let it cook for 10 minutes.
- After the 10 minutes, add the spinach leaves, mix and turn off the heat leaving the pot covered so that the vegetables finish cooking.
- Finally add the chickpeas, mix well and serve.
There are no comments for this recipe.
You might also like:
Watch the video for step by step instructions and ingredients for Portuguese French toast, fatias douradas.
The best things to do in Lisbon Portugal are not always easy to figure out. Especially during the new normal.
Top 5 light but delicious Portuguese dessert recipes was put together by Michael Costa.