Portuguese Peas with Poached Eggs Recipe
Posted in: SoupsSat, Feb 9, 2019
4 out of 5 with 18 ratings
Views: 34210 - Comments 4
This Portuguese peas with poached eggs recipe (receita de ervilhas com ovos escalfados) is very easy to prepare and makes a great meal.
|Preparation time||10 min|
|Cooking Time||20 min|
|Ready In||30 min|
|Level of Difficulty||Very Easy|
1 lb of frozen peas2 tablespoons of olive oil1/4 lb of bacon1/4 lb of chouriço, chopped1 onion, chopped7 cloves of garlic, chopped2 ripe tomato, cut into cubes1 teaspoon of salt4 large eggsPepper (to taste)Coriander (to taste), chopped Get Portuguese ingredients
- Put the peas in water to thaw.
- Heat the olive oil in a saucepan, add the striped bacon and cook it.
- Add the chouriço, onion and garlic cloves.
- Saute for about 5 minutes.
- Add the tomatoes and the peas, cover the pan and cook for another 5 minutes.
- Season with salt and stir.
- Crack the eggs into the pan.
- Cook the eggs a little, but make sure the yolk does not solidify.
- Remove from the heat, sprinkle with a little pepper and the coriander and serve immediately.
Recipe & Photo Credit: pingodoce.pt
Member since Oct 1, 2015