Portuguese Rice Recipe
Posted in: Side RecipesFri, Nov 13, 2015
4 out of 5 with 32 ratings
1⁄4 cup canola oil1 yellow onion, finely chopped3 garlic cloves, minced3 cups long grain white rice, washed and drained4 cups boiling water1 bay leaf2 medium tomatoes, chopped1⁄2 teaspoon salt * Get Portuguese ingredients & stuff
- In a 4-quart pot, heat the oil over medium-high heat.
- Add the onions and garlic and stir-fry until golden.
- Add the rice and cook, stirring constantly, until slightly toasted and fragrant, 2 to 3 minutes.
- Add the water, bay leaf, tomatoes and salt and bring to a boil.
- Cover and reduce the heat so that the rice just simmers.
- Cook undisturbed until tender, about 20 minutes.
- Remove from the heat and let stand covered without stirring for 10 minutes.
- Fluff with a fork, discard the bay leaf, and serve.
Like this Recipe? Leave a comment!