Portuguese Style Pancakes with Strawberry Sauce Recipe
Posted in: Breakfast / Brunch
Feb 11, 2019
5 out of 5 with 1 ratings
Sauce:1 lb of strawberries, cleaned and cut into quarters2/3 cup of sugar1 cinnamon stick1 tablespoon of lemon juicePancakes:2 eggs1 and 1/2 cups of flour1 cup of milk1 teaspoon of baking powder4 tablespoons of sugar1 teaspoon of vanilla extract1/4 cup of melted butterButter (to taste) Get these ingredients & more
- In a pot heat the chopped strawberries, sugar, lemon juice and cinnamon stick.
- Stir and simmer for about 20 minutes.
- Stir occasionally with a spoon so that it does not stick to the bottom.
- After 20 minutes and when the sauce begins to thicken, remove the cinnamon stick and lightly blend with a hand blender, stir and put aside.
- Finally, stir and set aside.
- In a blender, place the cracked eggs, flour, sugar, baking powder, vanilla extract, the melted butter and milk.
- Blend everything until you get a homogeneous mixture.
- In a non-stick skillet, add a little butter and heat.
- In the center of the frying pan, place a small amount of dough.
- Cook on medium / low heat for about 1 and 1/2 minutes.
- When the pancake is golden, turn and cook the other side for a few seconds.
- Once it's golden brown on both sides, remove with a slotted spoon and place it in a serving dish and cover the pancake with a little sauce.
- Repeat the process and make sure the pancakes are all the same size.
- For each 2 pancakes, add a little more butter in the skillet.
- You can serve individually by placing 3 pancakes on each plate or you can make a tower.
- If you do not want to use the whole dough at one time, you can store it in the refrigerator for up to 2 days.
- If you want you can accompany these pancakes with natural yogurt or whipped cream.
You Might Also Like These