This moist and fluffy orange cake (bolo húmido e fofo de laranja) is easy to make and tastes amazing.
|Preparation time||10 min|
|Cooking Time||40 min|
|Ready In||50 min|
|Level of Difficulty||Easy|
Cake:3/4 cup of softened butter1 cup of sugar2 cups of flour4 eggs1 tablespoon of baking powderZest from 1 orangeJuice from 1 and 1/2 orangesTopping:3 tablespoons of powdered sugarJuice from 1/2 orange Get Portuguese ingredients
- Preheat the oven to 170°C or 340°F .
- Grease a cake form with butter and sprinkle it with flour.
- Beat the butter with the sugar, add the eggs, flour, baking powder, the orange zest and orange juice and beat again very well.
- Pour the batter into the form and bake for about 40 minutes or until the cake is done.
- Beat the orange juice very well with 3 tablespoons of powdered sugar.
- Once you unmold unformed cake, pour this over the cake while it is still hot.
- Let the cake cool down completely and serve.
This orange cake receipt is so good because I made this a while ago. The only mistake I see is that you never wrote that you had to heat up confectioners sugar WTH orange juice before you put it on cake. It should be warm
1 year ago, Monday, October 17, 2022
I love orange cakes so I'm going to have to try this recipe for sure!!!!
2 years ago, Friday, September 17, 2021
You might also like:
Learn how to make a traditional Madeiran skewer (espetada da Madeira).
How to make Portuguese tomato rice with Nancy from DIYwithnancyg, Portuguese tomato rice is a great side dish.
Portugal is undoubtedly one of the most under-rated vacation destinations in all of Europe. It is a beautiful country with a rich history and culture, as well as a warm and welcoming climate.