Moist & Fluffy Orange Cake Recipe
Posted in: CakesMon, Feb 11, 2019
4 out of 5 with 57 ratings
Views: 46427 - Comments 2
Cake:3/4 cup of softened butter1 cup of sugar2 cups of flour4 eggs1 tablespoon of baking powderZest from 1 orangeJuice from 1 and 1/2 orangesTopping:3 tablespoons of powdered sugarJuice from 1/2 orange Get Portuguese ingredients
- Preheat the oven to 170°C or 340°F .
- Grease a cake form with butter and sprinkle it with flour.
- Beat the butter with the sugar, add the eggs, flour, baking powder, the orange zest and orange juice and beat again very well.
- Pour the batter into the form and bake for about 40 minutes or until the cake is done.
- Beat the orange juice very well with 3 tablespoons of powdered sugar.
- Once you unmold unformed cake, pour this over the cake while it is still hot.
- Let the cake cool down completely and serve.
Recipe & Photo Credit: receitasdeportugal.com *
Julia guarino - 8 Months ago
This orange cake receipt is so good because I made this a while ago. The only mistake I see is that you never wrote that you had to heat up confectioners sugar WTH orange juice before you put it on cake. It should be warm
[reply] (+0) (-0)
Chris Ledo - 2 Years ago
I love orange cakes so I'm going to have to try this recipe for sure!!!!