Comfort food at it's best, this Portuguese baked pork & beans recipe is very easy to prepare and makes a great meal.
2 tablespoons of extra virgin olive oil1/2 green pepper, diced1 onion, diced1 lb of Portuguese cooked chouriço, skin removed, diced1/4 lb of salted pork or bacon, diced4 16 ounce cans of navy beans, rinsed and drained2 cloves of garlic, minced1 small can of tomato sauce2 cups of water1 tablespoon of crushed red pepper1 teaspoon of paprika1 teaspoon of Kosher salt* Get Portuguese ingredients & stuff
- Preheat the oven to 180°C or 350°F.
- In a Dutch oven or large pot, heat the olive oil then add in the green pepper, onions, garlic, chouriço and bacon/pork.
- Saute over medium heat for approximately 5 minutes until the vegetables start to soften and the chouriço and bacon/pork starts to brown.
- Next, add the garlic and saute for another minute, then add the tomato sauce, water, pepper, paprika and salt, mix well then add the beans.
- Bring mixture to a boil on top of the stove then turn off the heat.
- Transfer the beans to an oven-safe baking dish and bake for about 1 hour, stirring every 20 minutes.
I have been looking for a really good pork and beans recipe, and I think I’ve found it. Yours looks really good it’s for a potluck on Canada Day July 1st so l am going to try it.
6 Days ago, Wednesday, May 18, 2022