Portuguese Baked Pork & Beans Recipe
- Preheat the oven to 180°C or 350°F.
- In a Dutch oven or large pot, heat the olive oil then add in the green pepper, onions, garlic, chouriço and bacon/pork.
- Saute over medium heat for approximately 5 minutes until the vegetables start to soften and the chouriço and bacon/pork starts to brown.
- Next, add the garlic and saute for another minute, then add the tomato sauce, water, pepper, paprika and salt, mix well then add the beans.
- Bring mixture to a boil on top of the stove then turn off the heat.
- Transfer the beans to an oven-safe baking dish and bake for about 1 hour, stirring every 20 minutes.
Join our "New" monthly Newsletter, Click Here!
You Might Also Like These