Portuguese Fish & Seafood Cataplana Recipe
Posted in: Seafood RecipesThu, Feb 14, 2019
4 out of 5 with 9 ratings
2 lbs of varied fish1/4 lb of shrimp in shell1/4 lb of mussels in half shell1/2 lb of clams4 potatoes5 tomatoes1 green pepper1 onion3 cloves of garlic1 cup of white wine4 tablespoons of olive oil1 tablespoon of Worcestershire sauce1 teaspoon of mild pepperJuice of 1 lemon1 bay leafSalt and pepper (to taste) * Get Portuguese ingredients & stuff
- Arrange and cut the fish into pieces, add to a bowl and season with the lemon juice, the white wine, salt, and pepper and let it marinate for 20 minutes.
- Meanwhile, peel and cut the onions into slices and chop the garlic.
- Wash the tomatoes and cut them into slices.
- Wash, clean the seeds and cut the green pepper into strips.
- Wash and peel the potatoes and cut them into slices.
- In the cataplana, place the onion, garlic, tomato, pepper, potatoes, drained fish, also add the mussels, clams, thawed shrimp and bay leaf, drizzle with the marinade over everything and then drizzle with the Worcestershire sauce and olive oil.
- Place the cataplana over medium heat, cover it and simmer for about 35 minutes, lightly shaking the cataplana from time to time.
- Make sure everything is well cooked, remove from the heat and serve sprinkled with chopped parsley.
Like this Recipe? Leave a comment!