Serve this delicious Portuguese pork and rice stew (guisado de carne de porco e arroz) with a squeeze of lemon juice, some crusty bread and a green salad.
|Preparation time||15 min|
|Cooking Time||1 h 20 min|
|Ready In||1 h 35 min|
|Level of Difficulty||Easy|
Olive oil (to taste), for frying1 and 1/2 lbs of pork shoulder, cut into small pieces2 chouriço sausages, sliced1 onion, finely chopped1 red pepper, deseeded and chopped2 cloves of garlic, crushed2 teaspoons of sweet paprika1/2 cup of red wine2 bay leaves1 lb of chopped tomatoes4 cups of chicken stock1 cup of risotto rice Get Portuguese ingredients
- Heat a large pan over a high heat, add a little olive oil (to taste) and brown the pork pieces in 2 to 3 batches, remove it from the pan and set aside.
- Add the chouriço to the pan, tossing, let it brown for 2 to 3 minutes, remove it from the pan and set aside.
- Next, add the onion and red pepper to the pan, turn down heat and cook for about 5 minutes or until soft, add more olive oil if necessary.
- Add the garlic and paprika and cook for another minute.
- Add the red wine and let it simmer for 3 to 5 minutes, stirring so nothing sticks to the bottom of the pan, then add the bay leaves, tomatoes and chicken stock.
- At this point add the pork and chouriço to the pan and let it simmer for about 30 minutes.
- Add the rice and simmer for another 20 to 30 minutes, until rice is cooked.
- Turn off the heat, season with salt and pepper and let it stand for about 10 minutes.
- Serve with a squeeze of lemon juice and some crusty bread and salad greens.
There are no comments for this recipe.
You might also like:
Top 10 Ingredients most Used in Portuguese cuisine. Portuguese cuisine is known for its use of fresh, high-quality ingredients that reflect the country's coastal location and rich culinary history.
Located in southwestern Europe, Portugal is the perfect holiday destination all year around. It is one of the oldest nations in Europe with the oldest borders, existing as a country for more than eight centuries.
It's time to talk about kale benefits and why kale is a superfood. In this video, we will list for you exactly 14 health benefits of kale that make it a superfood. Kale benefits have been hyped for the last decade.
Porto, like the rest of Portugal, is a seafood paradise. No matter the season, there’s always a good reason to head out in search of delectable shellfish or perfectly grilled finfish (sardines, anyone?), and if you...
Portugal is famous for its delicious dishes prepared with the most varied flavours, accompanied with some good and unforgettable sauces. Here is a list of the 8 best steakhouses in Lisbon.
Lisbon is one of Europes most historic and up and coming cities, and with new chefs, both local and international, making waves in modern Portuguese cuisine, here ere are some suggestions for restaurants to try...