Portuguese Sweet Potato Pudding Recipe
Posted in: Desserts
Feb 25, 2019
4 out of 5 with 2 ratings
1 cup and 2 tablespoons of sugar5 and 1/2 ounces of sweet potato1 egg1 cup of milk1 tablespoon of margarine1 and 1/2 tablespoons of flourRasp of 1 lemon2 tablespoons of Port wine1 teaspoon of ground cinnamonVery fine lemon zest (to taste)
- Cook the potatoes in water, once cooked, mash them and set aside.
- Meanwhile, in a round casserole dish, put 2/3 of a cup of sugar and sprinkle it with a few drops of water and heat on a stove top over low heat until it gets to a caramel like point.
- Once you get the caramel, spread it all over the inside of the casserole dish and set aside.
- Preheat the oven to 190°C or 375°F.
- Now, mix the potato puree with the remaining sugar and mix it very well.
- Add all the other ingredients to it and beat everything very well.
- Once the preparation is ready, you can pour it into the casserole dish and bake it in a water bath for about an hour.
- When the pudding is cooked, take it out of the oven, let it cool slightly and unmold.
- Use the very fine lemon zest to garnish.
You Might Also Like These