Azorean Roses of Egypt Recipe
SHARE THIS RECIPE
Posted in: Snacks
Mar 7, 2019
5 out of 5 with 2 ratings
- In a bowl using a hand blender, blend the egg, sugar, vanilla extract, milk, flour and salt.
- Cover the bowl with plastic film and place it in the refrigerator for about two hours, you will get a crisper result this way.
- Heat the oil to 190°C or 375°F in a small, deep pan (it is important to use enough oil so that the mold is completely covered without the mold touching the bottom of the pan).
- Before getting started, preheat the mold in the oil once the oil is hot.
- Remove the mold form the oil, drain any excess oil from the mold and clean it with paper towels.
- Soak the mold in the batter just to the top edge (never over fill the mold, if this happens it will be impossible to remove the rose from the mold without breaking it).
- Fry each rose for about 30 seconds.
- Removed the mold from the oil and let it drain a little, then with the help of a fork, peel out the rose from the mold and drain it on paper towels (on both sides).
- Once you are done frying of all the roses, place the sugar and cinnamon on a plate and mix it a bit, dunk each rose in the mixture and place it on a serving platter.
Join our "New" monthly Newsletter, Click Here!
You Might Also Like These