This is a simple and easy to make Portuguese liver with onions recipe (receita de fígado com cebolada), it is a popular and traditional dish.
18 ounces of calf liver2 teaspoons of paprika2 tablespoons of vinegar3 large onions5 cloves of garlic, crushedVegetable oil (to taste)Ground pepper (to taste)Salt and pepper (to taste)Get Portuguese ingredients & stuff
- Slice the liver into thin steaks and place them in a bowl together with the crushed garlic, vinegar, ground pepper, salt and pepper and just enough water to cover the liver.
- Allow this to marinate for two hours.
- Slice the onions and saute in vegetable oil until golden and tender.
- Add the paprika, stir and allow it to simmer for five minutes.
- Remove the onions from the pan and keep it warm.
- Fry the liver and when its cooked, add the marinade and simmer gently until a sauce is formed.
- Serve with the onions and either boiled or fried potatoes.
Like this Recipe? Leave a comment!
There are no comments for this recipe.