|Preparation time||10 min|
|Cooking Time||30 min|
|Ready In||40 min|
|Level of Difficulty||Easy|
Portuguese liver with onions is a traditional dish from Portugal that consists of thin slices of liver cooked with onions and other seasonings. The liver is usually beef or pork, and it is first marinated in a mixture of garlic, vinegar, and herbs before being cooked..
Portuguese liver with onions is often served with rice, mashed potatoes, or bread, and it is a popular dish in Portuguese cuisine. It is a rich and flavorful meal that is perfect for a hearty lunch or dinner.
- Slice the liver into thin steaks and place them in a bowl together with the crushed garlic, vinegar, ground pepper, salt and pepper and just enough water to cover the liver.
- Allow this to marinate for two hours.
- Slice the onions and saute in vegetable oil until golden and tender.
- Add the paprika, stir and allow it to simmer for five minutes.
- Remove the onions from the pan and keep it warm.
- Fry the liver and when its cooked, add the marinade and simmer gently until a sauce is formed.
- Serve with the onions and either boiled or fried potatoes.