Portuguese Liver with Onions Recipe
Posted in: Beef RecipesMon, Mar 11, 2019
5 out of 5 with 8 ratings
- Slice the liver into thin steaks and place them in a bowl together with the crushed garlic, vinegar, ground pepper, salt and pepper and just enough water to cover the liver.
- Allow this to marinate for two hours.
- Slice the onions and saute in vegetable oil until golden and tender.
- Add the paprika, stir and allow it to simmer for five minutes.
- Remove the onions from the pan and keep it warm.
- Fry the liver and when its cooked, add the marinade and simmer gently until a sauce is formed.
- Serve with the onions and either boiled or fried potatoes.