Portuguese Liver with Onions Recipe
Posted in: BeefMon, Mar 11, 2019
5 out of 5 with 9 ratings
Views: 22408 - Comments 1
This is a simple and easy to make Portuguese liver with onions recipe (receita de fígado com cebolada), it is a popular and traditional dish.
|Preparation time||10 min|
|Cooking Time||30 min|
|Ready In||40 min|
|Level of Difficulty||Easy|
Portuguese liver with onions is a traditional dish from Portugal that consists of thin slices of liver cooked with onions and other seasonings. The liver is usually beef or pork, and it is first marinated in a mixture of garlic, vinegar, and herbs before being cooked..
Portuguese liver with onions is often served with rice, mashed potatoes, or bread, and it is a popular dish in Portuguese cuisine. It is a rich and flavorful meal that is perfect for a hearty lunch or dinner.
18 ounces of calf liver2 teaspoons of paprika2 tablespoons of vinegar3 large onions5 cloves of garlic, crushedVegetable oil (to taste)Ground pepper (to taste)Salt and pepper (to taste) Get Portuguese ingredients
- Slice the liver into thin steaks and place them in a bowl together with the crushed garlic, vinegar, ground pepper, salt and pepper and just enough water to cover the liver.
- Allow this to marinate for two hours.
- Slice the onions and saute in vegetable oil until golden and tender.
- Add the paprika, stir and allow it to simmer for five minutes.
- Remove the onions from the pan and keep it warm.
- Fry the liver and when its cooked, add the marinade and simmer gently until a sauce is formed.
- Serve with the onions and either boiled or fried potatoes.
Recipe Credit: easyportugueserecipes.com
Member since Oct 1, 2015