Portuguese Mom's Rabanadas Recipe
Posted in: DessertsTue, Apr 13, 2021
5 out of 5 with 1 ratings
Views: 14444 - Comments 4
These Portuguese mom's rabanadas (French toast) are very moist and very tasty!
|Preparation time||15 min|
|Cooking Time||15 min|
|Ready In||30 min|
|Level of Difficulty||Very Easy|
8 slices of bread, 3 days old (each 1 finger thick)1 cup of milk3 tablespoons of sugar1 lemon peel 2 cinnamon sticks2 eggsOil, to fryGround cinnamon (to taste)Sugar (to taste) Get Portuguese ingredients
- Heat the milk, 3 tablespoons of sugar, lemon peel and cinnamon sticks, bring to a boil and remove from the heat.
- Leave the lemon peel and cinnamon sticks in the milk until cool.
- Lightly beat the eggs.
- Pass each slice of bread through the milk and drain it to eliminate excess milk.
- Pass each slice through the egg and fry them in very hot oil.
- Remove and let them drain well on absorbent paper.
- Arrange them on a platter and sprinkle with sugar and cinnamon.
Recipe & Photo Credit: receitasdeportugal.com
Member since Oct 1, 2015
Port Wine Rabanadas Recipe.