How to make Portuguese bread pudding (Pudim de pão).
|Preparation time||30 min|
|Cooking Time||15 min|
|Ready In||45 min|
|Level of Difficulty||Easy|
2 small bread loaves, chopped1 tablespoon, of margarine1 cup of sugar1 teaspoon of ground cinnamon2 and 1/2 cups of hot milk3 eggs, beaten1 cup of seedless raisins1/2 cup of chopped dried apricots Get Portuguese ingredients
- In a bowl, combine the bread, margarine, sugar, cinnamon, milk, eggs, raisins and apricot.
- Caramelize a putting mold and place the mixture in it.
- Cover with foil and secure it so water can't get in.
- In a pressure cooker put 1 1/2 cups of water and the pudding mold in it.
- Once the pressure cooker is sealed/closed, cook for 15 minutes at 320 F.
- Let the pressure out naturally, open the pot, once the pudding is warm/cold, unmold.
- Serve cool.
You might also like:
Steve Cha (aka Rockstar Eater) tries Portuguese food for the first time, at Natas Pastries in Sherman Oaks (Los Angeles, California).
This is a list of the 10 most popular Portuguese stews on PortugueseRecipes.ca.
Bolinhos de bacalhau, name in Northern Portugal and Brazil or pastéis de bacalhau, name in Central and Southern Portugal, particularly in the Lisbon area.