This Portuguese style kebabs recipe makes amazing grilled skewers of beef, pork and chouriço with peppers and onions, served with piri piri dipping sauce.
1 steak1 pork steak1 or 2 chouriço sausages1 onion1/2 red pepper1/2 yellow or green pepper1 jar of piri piri sauce1 jar of good quality mayonnaise1 squirt of ketchup1 squirt of lemon juice1 pinch of cayenne pepper1 garlic clove, crushedGet Portuguese ingredients & stuff
- Cut the steak and pork into large chunks. Slice the chouriço into 2cm rounds. Cut the onion into eighths (each onion half cut into quarters) and chop the peppers into chunks.
- Take a metal skewer (2 per person) and thread on evenly, the beef, pork, chouriço, onion and peppers. Distribute evenly and alternate each item. Set aside in a dish long enough to hold the meat skewers. Cover and leave in the fridge until needed.
- Meanwhile, prepare your sauce (you can easily vary this to your own taste or what sauce you want to serve). Using six small sauce dishes (three per person), add the ready made piri piri into two of the dishes. In a mixing bowl add some mayonnaise, a squirt each of ketchup and lemon juice and a pinch of cayenne pepper, mix well and place into two other sauce dishes. In another mixing bowl, add some mayonnaise and 1 small crushed clove garlic, mix well and place it into the other two sauce dishes. Cover all six sauce dishes with cling film and place in the fridge until serving.
- When ready to serve heat the grill until hot. Add the skewers to the grill rack and grill until cooked through and the peppers and onion slightly charred. Cook to how you desire but ensure that the pork is cooked through. Turn often whilst grilling.
- Serve 2 skewers on a plate with the 3 dipping sauces. I like to serve also with fries and a simple salad of grated carrot, sliced tomato and onion drizzled with a little lemon juice and exra virgin olive oil.
Please Leave a Comment