This Portuguese fried pork (rojões de porco à portuguesa) recipe with wine is delicious and easy to make.
|Preparation time||2 h 10 min|
|Cooking Time||45 min|
|Ready In||2 h 55 min|
|Level of Difficulty||Easy|
1 1/2 pounds of pork, cut into cubes5 cloves of garlic3/4 cup of white wine2 tablespoons of olive oil2 tablespoons of lard or vegetable shortening2 tablespoons of pimento paste1 sprig of parsley2 bay leavesPickles (to taste)Olives (to taste)Salt and pepper (to taste) Get Portuguese ingredients
- Place the pork loin in a bowl, season with the olive oil, the white wine, the pimento paste, the bay leaves and the cloves of garlic.
- Mix well, cover and marinate in the refrigerator for at least 2 hours.
- Heat the lard or vegetable shortening in a pot, add the meat (well drained) and cook on medium high heat for about 10 minutes.
- Reduce the heat, add the marinade, adjust the salt, season with a pinch of pepper, cover and cook for about 35 minutes or until the sauce is well seasoned and the meat is tender (if necessary, add a little warm water to ensure that you will have some sauce).
- Remove from the heat and serve decorated with pickles, olives and accompanied with cubed fries and sprinkle with chopped parsley.
Love PORTUGUSE FOOD
6 months ago, Sunday, May 7, 2023
bon dia,if u had salted cod in your fridge what recipe out of all your favs would u make w/it,,,I'm curious..,it's like u want to make them all but u must have a fav..,thank u both for all your sharing...Magdalena 😀
1 year ago, Tuesday, May 3, 2022
What kind of olives? Green or black or Kalamata? What kind of pickles - sweet or dill?
2 years ago, Sunday, August 22, 2021
You might also like:
How to make a Portuguese alheira sausage meal, often simply referred to as alheira, is a traditional sausage from Portugal. It has a distinctive shape and is commonly made with a combination of meats, typically...
Here are 10 how to kitchen tips that will help you and you should remember before getting crazy in your kitchen.
Here's a step by step guide from making the meat marinade to putting everything together in the exact sequence that makes this meal super yummy.