Portuguese Bacalhau à Bras Recipe
Posted in: Fish / Seafood
Oct 26, 2015
4 out of 5 with 23 ratings
1 lb of salt cod1 lb of potatoes1 large onion1 garlic head6 eggsPepper to tasteParsley to tasteOlive oil to tasteSalt to tasteBlack olives to taste
Get Portuguese ingredients & stuff
This site uses US measurements.
- To prepare the Portuguese Bacalhau à bras recipe, start by having soaked the salt cod, then remove the skin and bones, and break it apart with your hands.
- Meanwhile, cut the potatoes into matchsticks and the onion into fine rings.
- Fry the potatoes in a pan and set them to one side, drying them on kitchen paper.
- At the same time, in a deep pan, cook the onions and garlic in olive oil until golden, then add the pieces of salt cod, and cook for a few minutes, until it soaks up the oil.
- At this stage, add the potatoes and stir whilst adding the lightly beaten eggs with salt and pepper.
- Stir for a few minutes, turning off the heat before the eggs solidify and become an omelette!
- The Bacalhau à bras has to be served hot, add some parsley, black olives and sprinkle with olive oil.