Serve this delicious Portuguese Braga cod with onions (bacalhau à Braga) with white rice.
|Preparation time||15 min|
|Cooking Time||30 min|
|Ready In||45 min|
|Level of Difficulty||Easy|
4 cod filets4 medium potatoes1 Onion1 clove of garlic1 bay leaf1 tablespoon of tomato paste1 tablespoon of white vinegarOil (to taste), to fry Get Portuguese ingredients
- Peel the potatoes and cut them into slices.
- Fry them in very hot oil and once fried, remove any excess oil with absorbent paper.
- Pass the cod through someflour and fry it.
- In the oil you fried the cod, add the onion cut in slices.
- Add the chopped garlic, bay leaf, tomato paste and vinegar and season with salt.
- Place the cod on the center of a baking sheet and surround it with the potatoes.
- Place the onion mix over the cod and potatoes and bake in a preheated oven at 180ºC or 350ºF for about 10 minutes.
Hi Ed, Looking for a recipe for skinless chicken thighs...tired of the same old same old..,thank u and have a great day.
1 year ago, Saturday, March 5, 2022
You might also like:
Check out our video and find out why decided to retire in Portugal instead of Spain or the United States.
The Azores are not the most obvious place to consider for a vacation, but they are one that is worth considering if you are looking for something different from the norm.
I loved this dish so much as it takes me back to my child hood and watching my mother make it, I am so glad I can repeat these dishes so that my children can also make them !
This dish is a favorite, served in many Portuguese restaurants.
What is broa de milho (Portuguese cornbread)? The usual ingredients for this traditional Portuguese cornbread are cornmeal, wheat flour, water, and salt.
Bacalhau is cod fish which has been dried and salted to preserve it. It is said that there is a different dish using bacalhau for every day of the year in Portuguese cooking.