Portuguese Roasted Octopus & Potatoes Recipe
Posted in: Seafood RecipesSat, Jul 28, 2018, 05:00
4 out of 5 with 28 ratings
- Put the octopus in a pot.
- Cover with water and simmer for about 40 minutes.
- After 40 minutes, remove the octopus.
- With a knife, separate the tentacles and head from the octopus.
- With the potatoes well washed and wet, season them with coarse salt.
- On a baking tray, preferably a clay one, place the potatoes around it.
- In the center, place half of bay leaves and garlic.
- Place the octopus on top.
- Season with salt and pepper, and over top, sprinkle the remaining bay leaves and garlic.
- Drizzle the octopus with olive oil.
- Preheat the oven to 180ºC or 350ºF and bake for about 30 minutes.
- When the potatoes are roasted, remove from the oven.
- With a spoon, lightly press crush the potatoes so they open a little.
- Drizzle with coriander sauce (to taste) and serve immediately.
Comments(Leave a comment.)
There are no comments for this recipe. (Be the first one to leave a comment.)